Rice and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chuck, boneless cut in 1/2 inch cube
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tomato, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 bunch scallion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb mustard greens, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 lb spinach, cut in small pieces
- 1 bunch watercress, cut in small pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a 4 quart saucepan saute the meat in 2 Tbs oil until brown on all sides.
- 2Add tomato and cook 10 minutes.
- 3Add scallions, greens, spinach and watercress. Saute, stirring occasionally, with cover on until veggies soften.
- 4Add water, be sure it is enough to cover the veggies, and rice, salt and pepper.
- 5Cover tightly and simmer slowly until rice is thoroughly cooked and all liquid is absorbed.
- 6Correct seasoning to your taste.
- 7Serve with hot papper Sakay as a relish to accompany.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madagascar Vary Amin Anana
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 909.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: