Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Macon, GA seems to be a culinary delight for pimento cheese. I found this recipe in The Taste of Tunnel Hill cookbook and did some research on-line. While I found various versions of pimento cheese recipes I did not find this one. It really intrigued me because of the chopped boiled eggs. Freshly ground pepper can be added if you desire but that wasn't included in the recipe.
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces pimentos, chopped fine
- 5 small sweet pickles, finely diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (to taste)
- Place prepared ingredients in a bowl of food processor and mix until thoroughly combined. Serve on bread as a sandwich or with fresh vegetables as a dip.
I liked all the components of this spread. The egg, I think was more for texture and perhaps to add protein? I left this