Recipe by PrimQuilter
Machine Shed restaurant serves this with all of their meals. Super addictive especially with the nice crunch on top.
Top Review by WhatamIgonnaeatnext?
This was not what I was expecting. It was very good, however, so I gave it 5 stars. I was expecting something more like a firmer loaf of bread. This is like a coffee cake. It's good and moist; not dry at all. Thank you for the recipe. I am getting ready to post this in the "New Kids on the Block" recipe tag forum.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 59.14 ml evaporated milk (or plain milk)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml applesauce
- 29.58 ml cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease bottoms and sides of 2 8x4x2 pans.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until mixed well.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Beat in applesauce.
- Beat in flour until combined.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans.
- Sprinkle tops of each with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Cut in 3" squares.