Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Machine Shed restaurant serves this with all of their meals. Super addictive especially with the nice crunch on top.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease bottoms and sides of 2 8x4x2 pans.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until mixed well.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Beat in applesauce.
- Beat in flour until combined.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans.
- Sprinkle tops of each with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Cut in 3" squares.
This was not what I was expecting. It was very good, however, so I gave it 5 stars. I was expecting something more like a firmer loaf of bread. This is like a coffee cake. It's good and moist; not dry at all. Thank you for the recipe. I am getting ready to post this in the "New Kids on the Block" recipe tag forum.