Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A refreshing Italian dessert!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled soft macaroons (7 or 8 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can canned peach halves
- 4 -6 teaspoons butter or 4 -6 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Combine egg, macaroons, sugar, and almonds. Let stand about 5 minutes to soften macaroons.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Arrange peaches, cut side up, in 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- Divide macarron mixture evenly among peaches; dot each peach with about 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine.
- Combine white wine and the reserved peach syrup; stir in nutmeg, if desired.
- Pour wine mixture around peaches in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in 375º oven about 20 minutes or till macaroon mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve warm in bowls.