Simple, easy, inexpensive, delectable Scottish candy bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely shred or grate the coconut, and then toast it until brown it in the oven.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat the potato and then add the confectioners sugar; mix thoroughly.
- 3Add ¾ of the toasted coconut and mix thoroughly again.
- 4Shape into rectangles and coat with melted chocolate.
- 5While the chocolate is still in liquid form, sprinkle the remaining toasted coconut on top.
- 6Allow to cool thoroughly, cut into bars, and store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 58.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g