Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT II - Africa/Middle East, as taken from "Avon's International Cookbook"
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 large tomatoes, cut up
- 1 egg, hard boiled and sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water till tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in skillet cook onion in butter till tender but not brown. Add the 2/3 cup water, tomato paste, almonds, shrimp, salt, cinnamon, ginger, fennel, and tomato. Bring to boiling. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place drained macaroni on large plate; spoon sauce atop. Garnish with egg slices, lemon wedges and parsley.