Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
My aunt Ginny used to make this delicious casserole for her kids and nieces and nephews. It's easy to make, the ingredients are inexpensive, and it's popular with both kids and adults. The use of a box of marcaroni and cheese, and extra shredded cheese on top, sets it apart from other Tuna Noodle dishes. Try it once, and you'll keep it in your Cookbook, too.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare macaroni and cheese dinner according to package directions.
- When finished, stir in the soup, tuna, and milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish, and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was sooo easy and the kids just loved it-they even asked if we had any leftovers the next day, which is almost unheard of! Only thing I changed was cream of mushroom soup instead of celery and it was great. Thanks for the recipe.
very good and very easy. a winner in my book.