Tuna Macaroni Casserole
photo by Pot Scrubber
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (can also use 1/2 a package of spaghetti noodles broken into thirds)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional but nice)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheese (plus a handful more to sprinkle on top if you want)
- 10 ounces tuna, well drained and squeezed dry (two five ounce cans of tuna)
- 4 tablespoons of minced jarred roasted red peppers or 4 tablespoons of jarred pimientos
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (or 1 cup of panko crumbs are REALLY nice if you have them on hand)
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cook and drain macaroni. If using the optional chopped celery, boil it with the pasta.
- In a bowl blend together the soup, milk, mayo, and dry mustard.
- Stir in cheese, tuna, and pimiento.
- Gently fold in macaroni/spaghetti and transfer into a 2 quart 8X8 inch casserole dish.
- Combine crumbs, butter, and paprika and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or so. When the crumbs are a pretty color and the juices are bubbling around the edges your casserole is done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!