Recipe by Redsie
One of my favorite tomato and cheese macaroni! Easy and fast to make - and very good! I sometimes replace the topping with shredded cheese. Adapted from a J. Paré recipe.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Easy to make and great flavor. I just think it was a bit dry. I used the breadcrumb/butter topping with some more cheese sprinkled on top. I enjoyed that topping. I will make this again, but I'm going to add some milk to moisten it up a little more. Thanx for sharing your recipe!
- 2 chopped onions
- mist oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded light mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Add soup, water and cheese. Stir together until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender but firm. Drain. Put pasta in lightly greased 9x13 pan and add tomato soup mixture to pasta. Stir.
- Topping: melt margarine in saucepan or in microwave. Stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle all over. Bake, uncovered, in 350F oven for 30 minutes.