Recipe by Oolala
Originally from Mrs. S. R. Dull's column in the Atlanta Journal. I saw the recipe in a book put together by other columnist's favorite recipes for MADD and this was submitted by Frances Price from One and Only Cook, Baltimore, MD. This was one of her childhood favorites and then one of her own daughter's favorites.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, coarsly grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped, can use red
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package.
- While it is cooking, combine tomato, cheese, carrot, celery, green or red pepper, olives, and onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise and vinegar.
- When the macaroni is done, immediately run cold water over the pasta in a colander to stop cooking and to rinse.
- Add the macaroni to tomato mixture. Toss gently to mix. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, to let the flavors blend.