1/1 Photo of Macaroni Pizza Casserole
My dad used to make this on Saturdays and I have just modified it a bit to suit our family. Kids love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups macaroni
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped and divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 8 black olives, pitted
- 1Cook macaroni until just tender, drain.
- 2In large skillet, brown meat with onion, garlic, 1/2 of the green pepper, 1 1/2 cups mushrooms; drain off fat.
- 3Stir in pizza sauce, oregano and salt; simmer for 5 minute.
- 4Combine eggs, parmesan cheese and macaroni.
- 5Cover bottom of greased 13 x 9 baking dish with macaroni mixture.
- 6Spoon meat mixture evenly over macaroni; top with mozzarella plus remaining green pepper and mushrooms, tomato and olives.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- 8Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 9Note: Any toppings can be used; the ones listed just happen to be our favorites.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 590.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g