Recipe by majakete
Fiddling around and guess what? they all like it lol Good way to get the kids to eat their veggies and not complain (too much) about it. Play around with the vegetables, see what you can get away with.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Somewhat of a unique ingredient combination but it works great to make an tasty & different goulash. I increased the beef & reduced the pasta. I only used 1/2 of the mushroom soup as a result & cut back the tomatoes abit. I used 10 oz of spinach but, although we enjoy spinach, next time will only use 5 oz as I found it overpowered the other flavours abit. I didn't include the cabbage this time but definatley keep it as an option for next time. Everything cooked together well & at the end I added a sprinkle of seasoning salt to finish merging all the flavours together better. Easy recipe to make & has all the ingredients I enjoy, thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage (optional)
- 5 -10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, set aside.
- Cook all the vegetables in the same pan as the ground beef until onions are transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Put in can of tomatoes, mash with potato masher, just until broken up.
- Add ground beef back into pot, then cans of tomato and mushroom soup.
- Season and add milk, bring everything to a gentle boil.
- Add uncooked macaroni, cook for approximately 15 minutes.