Recipe by Tarynne
This is a recipe my mom did not make often enough. A family favorite
Top Review by Tara
I was given a link from someone before I found Zaar and Maybe it was your recipe because it is the exact same recipe. I have made many recipes for mac and cheese, complicated ones, sauces etc... This one is the BEST and easiest recipe I have tried, it amazes me how the eggs make a creamy sauce type texture. The only difference is I grate the cheese.
- 8 ounces macaroni, cooked as directed
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly slice
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumbs or 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- liberally butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Alternate layering macaroni and cheese slices in the buttered casserole.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over macaroni and cheese.
- Mix cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Add to top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.