1/4 Photos of Macaroni and Cheese, Rich and Creamy
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe was found in the 17 Oct 2009 issue of Family Circle magazine and the combo of three cheeses makes for a very comforting meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Coat a 2-quart broiler-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling; add penne.
- 4Cook penne for 6 minutes; drain.
- 5In a large bowl, toss together the cheddar, gruyere and asiago cheeses; set aside.
- 6Meanwhile, in a medium-size saucepan, melt unsalted butter over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth and slightly bubbly.
- 7In a thin stream, whisk in the milk; stir in onion powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and whisk in 2-1/2 cups of the cheese mixture.
- 10In a pasta pot, stir together the cooked penne and the cheese sauce.
- 11Pour half of mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 12Sprinkle with a generous cup of the cheese.
- 13Spoon in the remaining penne and top with the remaining cheese sauce.
- 14Bake for 20 minutes.
- 15Increase the oven temperature to broil and cook another 3 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- 16Cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese, Rich and Creamy
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.3
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: