I think I may have stumbled onto something great here. Much better than the blue box and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring pasta water to a boil. Cook the shells al dente and drain. Place them in a large baking dish and set aside.
- 2Add the peas and ham to the pasta shells.
- 3In a sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat so that it doesn't burn.
- 4Add flour and stir with a wisk until the mixture thickens.
- 5Slowly add the milk so it doesn't cool off the butter and keep stirring.
- 6Once the milk is added, continue to stir with the wisk.
- 7When the milk starts to simmer slightly, add 1/2 of the cheese, a little at a time, allowing it to melt completely before adding more.
- 8When the sauce has the cheese melted in it, add it to the shells; stir to mix.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the shells.
- 10Sprinkle with the Panko bread crumbs.
- 11Place in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese Perfection
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.6
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 1131.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 43.5 g