Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Columbus Ohio has a restaurant that serves the best mac and cheese. They use therr types of pasta in it as well as a bunch of cheese. THIS IS NOT HEART HEALTHY....but it is gooooood! try not to over cook because it can loose some of the gooey goodness.
- 4 cups pasta (cooked macaroni spirals and tubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese (I use rocotta)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 24 ounces cheddar cheese (about 6 cups coarsley shredded)
- 1 -2 teaspoon season salt
- mix cottage cheese,eggs, season salt and sour cream.
- Add the cheddar.
- Put pasta in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Pour the cheese mixture on top of pasta and blend together.
- Cook at 375 for 40 min.
I haven't had Hoggy's mac&cheese in several years so can't compare this but even without the comparison I know that this is good stuff! I halved the recipe and used elbow and rotini pasta (half and half) with 8 oz medium cheddar and 4 oz sharp cheddar. I also used light sour cream, light cottage cheese & 3/4 tsp season salt. It wasn't clear to me if the pasta measurement was before or after cooking but I took it as before cooking, using 2 cups uncooked pasta for the half recipe, which seemed right to me. This made an excellent and fairly quick to assemble dinner. Thanks for sharing! [Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef]