Recipe by topchefddb
Quick and easy baked pasta dish...Italian style.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as given & it went with us to a neighborhood potluck where everyone was raving about it no end, it seemed, with a handful of people asking for the recipe! Very, very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1 lb penne
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion, chopped (medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned Italian style breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Pasta in saled water to very aldente. (4 minutes less than package directions).
- Season Chicken breast.
- Saute chopped onion, garlic and chiken breast in olive oil over medium heat until onion is soft and clear and chicken is cooked and slightly browned. (It will conitinue cooking in the oven).
- In a bowl, combine the coooked pasta, the cooked chicken and onion garlic mixture, mozzarella cheese, chopped basil and the canned tomatoes and juices.
- mix well.
- Put the pasta mixture into a buttered 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Mix together melted butter, parmasan and breadcrumbs.
- Top casserole with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes till top is browned and sides are bubbly.
- Bon Apetito!