Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very different; kid favorite.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse macaroni and set aside.
- Combine next 6 ingredients; add macaroni; and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was so tasty - we loved it. As said different that regular Mac & Cheese but it was excellent - I used no fat sour cream & 2% cottage cheese. For the cheese I used 5 year aged cheddar mixed with Lite Havarti. Served with spinach & onions and sliced tomatoes. Great dinner for a Fall night
This is quite different than any macaroni and cheese recipe I've ever had. I do like using cottage cheese as an ingredient in pasta dishes, so I had high hopes for this. However, it's not very cheesy and the cottage cheese taste is more prevalent than I wanted. It wasn't really our style, but thanks anyway for sharing the recipe.