Recipe by shimmerysummersun
Posting for safe keeping. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds like total comfort food.
Top Review by Shirl (J) 831
PAC 07 recipe. If your looking for a tasty and affrodable dinner for your family thi si perfect. I love the combination of the cheeses and I would have not thought to add meatballs but what an added bonus! Great recipe.
- 8 ounces frozen cooked italian-style meatballs, thawed
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package white sauce mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Cut any large meatballs in half. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart saucepan, mix milk and sauce mix with whisk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta and meatballs. Spoon into baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, mix butter, breadcrumbs, and onions. Sprinkle over top of pasta mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- *You can try using low fat cheeses and milk in this recipe. I don't normally like total fat free cheese because it has an odd texture and taste in my opinion but the low fat isnt too bad*.