Posting for safe keeping. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds like total comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces frozen cooked italian-style meatballs, thawed
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package white sauce mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350°. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Cut any large meatballs in half. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, in a 2 quart saucepan, mix milk and sauce mix with whisk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta and meatballs. Spoon into baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, mix butter, breadcrumbs, and onions. Sprinkle over top of pasta mixture.
- 3Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- 4*You can try using low fat cheeses and milk in this recipe. I don't normally like total fat free cheese because it has an odd texture and taste in my opinion but the low fat isnt too bad*.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese Casserole With Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 540.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white sauce mix