Recipe by AmyZoe
This is a delicious macaroni and cheese! Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's New Cookbook.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
Before getting on with the review I would like to say, I'm very pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe.:)I was looking for a basic M & C recipe and this one seemed to meet that requirement.So, I made this almost as it was written,after draining the pasta, I just used the same pot for making the sauce( saves on washing another pan:)).Before baking, I did add some cheese to the top.It was baked as directed for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.It's a very good M & C, which went very well with Recipe #248179 and Recipe #365667. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked, 7 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded or cubed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly and remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni.
- Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.