Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious macaroni and cheese! Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's New Cookbook.
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly and remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni.
- Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Before getting on with the review I would like to say, I'm very pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe.:)I was looking for a basic M & C recipe and this one seemed to meet that requirement.So, I made this almost as it was written,after draining the pasta, I just used the same pot for making the sauce( saves on washing another pan:)).Before baking, I did add some cheese to the top.It was baked as directed for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.It's a very good M & C, which went very well with Meatloaf and Italian Green Beans. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "