Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it is a family favorite.
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 12 ounces colby cheese, cubed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the macaroni until tender.
- While macaroni is boiling, in a separate saucepan, combine the milk and flour on medium heat and stir constantly until it thickens.
- Turn heat to low and stir in cheese cubes, salt, and pepper. Stir until all of the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; Drain macaroni and add to cheese mixture.
- Place in 8x8 casserole dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Delicious, I doubled the recipe and I added a small can of Ortega diced mild child's to spice It up. Thx