Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good side dish with chicken. It is quick and easy.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook nuts with pepper flakes in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until nuts are lightly browned.
- Add cooked rice, cheese and parsley; stir until thoroughly heated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Yes I agree that this is an excellent recipe as a side dish to chicken. Loved the macademia nuts in these too. I only had white rice on hand so thats what I used. Lovely simple recipe with great flavors. Made for your win in football pool.