Wonderful Island-flavored dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fresh Banana Chutney
- 1First prepare the chutney.
- 2Peeled and dice the 4 bananas into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 3Chop enough cilantro to measure 4 tablespoons.
- 4Juice the 1/2 lime.
- 5In a small saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 6Add the crystallized ginger, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon cardamom and cook 30 seconds.
- 7Add the cubed bananas, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 2 to 3 tablespoons water, lower the heat, and cover the pan.
- 8Cook until the bananas are tender, stirring frequently, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Step 3: meanwhile, prepare the chicken breasts.
- 10Chicken Breasts.
- 11Place the 6 chicken breasts in a single layer between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound lightly with a rolling pin until they are somewhat evened out and flattened.
- 12Place the 3/4 cup macadamia nuts with half the bread crumbs in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
- 13In a shallow bowl, combine the ground crumb/nut mixture with the remaining bread crumbs.
- 14Place the 1/2 cup flour in another shallow bowl.
- 15Lightly beat the 3 eggs in a third shallow bowl with some salt and pepper.
- 16Heat a heavy 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 17Meanwhile, dip a chicken breast into the flour, then into the eggs, then into the nut-crumb mixture; pat the crumbs on to adhere.
- 18Set the breast on a plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
- 19When the skillet is hot, add the 2 tablespoons each of oil and butter and heat until the butter is melted.
- 20Lower the heat and add the chicken breasts in a single layer.
- 21Cook them until golden and done, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 22(If the heat is too high, the coating will burn.) Remove to a serving platter.
- 23finish the chutney and serve.
- 24Add the juice of the 1/2 lime, salt, and 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, or to taste, to the chutney.
- 25Add more sweetener, if necessary.
- 26Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl.
- 27Serve with Basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts with Banana Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 194.5 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: