Recipe by Missy Wombat
A true Aussie shortbread.
Top Review by willow16
I made this to give as a gifts. The texture was really nice and it looked great. At first I thought it wasn't sweet enough, but it actually tasted better the next day so I've updated my review to 4 stars! Easy to make and makes a large quantity.
- 375 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, ground to a meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wattleseed
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter until it resembles whipped cream.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat well between each addition.
- Mix the flour, macadamia nut meal and wattleseed together.
- Add to the butter mixture and mix well until you have a smooth dough.
- Divide mixture in two and knead for about 5-10minutes until the dough is very smooth.
- Roll out into a slab on a greased tray or on baking paper or alternately use a cookie cutter.
- Shortbread should be about 1 cm thick when rolled.
- Prick with a fork to allow the air to flow through and make the shortbread crisp.
- Dust with a little caster sugar.
- Bake in a slow oven 150C for about 40minutes.