1/1 Photo of Mac & Cheeseburger Pasta
I came up with this recipe after craving both cheeseburgers and mac & cheese. This really tastes like McDonald's cheeseburgers! Don't leave out the garnishes, ketchup or mustard though- the ingredients sounds weird, but taste great together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces macaroni or 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup American cheese or 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 -2 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup pickle, finely chopped
- ketchup, to taste
- yellow mustard, to taste
- 1Brown the ground beef in a sprayed pan over medium-high heat. When meat is no longer pink, drain and then add salt, pepper, garlic powder & Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking. I like making it kind of crispy, so I cook longer. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook your pasta according to package directions. Al dente is best as you don't want the mac & cheese mushy. Once pasta is done, drain but do not rinse.
- 3Return the warm pasta to the saucepan, and immediately add the butter, yogurt, and cheese. Stir until everything is well-melted, then fold in the reserved ground beef.
- 4Put pasta in bowls, and top with sesame seeds, green onions, tomatoes, and pickles. Drizzle with generous amount of ketchup & yellow mustard.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac & Cheeseburger Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 510.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: