Recipe by rpgaymer
I came up with this recipe after craving both cheeseburgers and mac & cheese. This really tastes like McDonald's cheeseburgers! Don't leave out the garnishes, ketchup or mustard though- the ingredients sounds weird, but taste great together.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces macaroni or 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup American cheese or 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 -2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup pickle, finely chopped
- ketchup, to taste
- yellow mustard, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a sprayed pan over medium-high heat. When meat is no longer pink, drain and then add salt, pepper, garlic powder & Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking. I like making it kind of crispy, so I cook longer. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, cook your pasta according to package directions. Al dente is best as you don't want the mac & cheese mushy. Once pasta is done, drain but do not rinse.
- Return the warm pasta to the saucepan, and immediately add the butter, yogurt, and cheese. Stir until everything is well-melted, then fold in the reserved ground beef.
- Put pasta in bowls, and top with sesame seeds, green onions, tomatoes, and pickles. Drizzle with generous amount of ketchup & yellow mustard.