Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 20 mins
Traditionally eaten during the Mabon celebration.
Make and share this Mabon Sea Turtle Wisdom Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Whisk in sugar/honey, salt, and oil.
- Slowly fold in flour, as it becomes harder to stir, turn the dough onto a lightly floured countertop and dust the dough with flour.
- Knead the dough by folding it in half and pressing it with the palm of your hand until it springs back when you poke it lightly with a finger.
- Form into ball and place in lightly greased bowl.
- Dust dough with flour and cover it with a clean cloth towel.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has risen once, punch it down and form balls for the shell about 6-inches, 3-inch balls for the head , and 2-inch balls for the legs, and assemble on a greased cookie sheet.
- Etch a crisscross pattern on top of shell with a knife.
- Use 2 raisins for eyes.
- Let rise for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tbs. water and couple drops green food coloring) and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
This was such a great recipe! Thank you so much for sharing! I made it with our two kiddos today. I added a bit of cinnamon and ginger, and glazed the bread with a thin powdered sugar and milk glaze. The kids LOVED it, and tomorrow morning we'll have the leftovers for breakfast! Thank you so much, Sabbat recipes are so cool!:)