1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Danielle K.'s Note:
Traditionally eaten during the Mabon celebration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Whisk in sugar/honey, salt, and oil.
- 3Slowly fold in flour, as it becomes harder to stir, turn the dough onto a lightly floured countertop and dust the dough with flour.
- 4Knead the dough by folding it in half and pressing it with the palm of your hand until it springs back when you poke it lightly with a finger.
- 5Form into ball and place in lightly greased bowl.
- 6Dust dough with flour and cover it with a clean cloth towel.
- 7Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- 8After the dough has risen once, punch it down and form balls for the shell about 6-inches, 3-inch balls for the head , and 2-inch balls for the legs, and assemble on a greased cookie sheet.
- 9Etch a crisscross pattern on top of shell with a knife.
- 10Use 2 raisins for eyes.
- 11Let rise for 30 more minutes.
- 12Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 13Brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tbs. water and couple drops green food coloring) and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mabon Sea Turtle Wisdom Bread
Serving Size: 1 (630 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 914.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g