Traditionally served with ground pork, but I think tempeh is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Marinade for Ground Tempeh
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package crumbled tempeh
- 1 lb regular tofu (medium firmness)
- 1 leeks or 3 green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon preserved black bean
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1Mix marinade ingredients. Simmer tempeh in marinade for about 20 minutes.
- 2Cut the tofu (bean curd) into 1/2 inch (1 cm) square cubes, and blanch (drop into boiling water) for 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and drain.
- 3Chop the leek or green onions into short lengths.
- 4Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add the marinated tempeh.
- 5Stir-fry tempeh until the color darkens. Add salt and stir. Add the salted black beans. Mash the beans with a cooking ladle until they blend in well with the tempeh. Add the chili paste, then the stock, tofu, and leek or green onions.
- 6Turn down the heat. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- 7While cooking, mix cornstarch, water, and soy sauce together. Add to wok and stir gently. Serve with freshly ground Szechuan pepper.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma Po Tofu With Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1561.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: