1/4 Photos of Ma Po Tofu (From Cooking Light)
Tried this the other day and loved it! If you use a couple of 8 oz. packages of diced tofu, found in the produce section of your grocery store, and bottled minced ginger, this goes together in no time. A rice cooker does a great job with brown rice, too, and will keep the rice warm until serving. A quick, healthy dish from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (I use 2 teaspoons)
- 4 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated & peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice, while it's still hot
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels, cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes. Remove plate, discard paper towels. Cut tofu slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- 4Serve tofu mixture over rice. Sprinkle with onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma Po Tofu (From Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat firm tofu
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth