Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy dish to prepare and a good introduction to tofu!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb uncooked chinese noodles (or other egg noodles)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, disolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, slivered for garnish
- In a bowl combine Hoisin,stock, sherry, ketchup,& hot pepper sauce, set aside Cook the noodles as per package instructions, drain rinse under cold water.
- Toss noodles with the sesame oil and place on a serving platter place in warm oven.
- Heat a wok or skillet, put in veggie oil, add garlic stir fry about 10 seconds.
- Add tofu and cook 2 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce, stir cook 1 minute.
- Add bean sprouts cook 1 minute.
- Add disolved corn starch, stir until it comes to a boil.
- Pour the mixture over the noodles.
- Garnish with green onions.
This was a very tasty dish that was easy to prepare as advertised. It had a good flavor that was tangy and slightly sweet. The tofu had picked up all the flavors of the sauce, and the noodles had a flavor of sesame. Nicely complex! Thanks for a nice recipe, Bergy!