Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from a cookbook called Sips and Apps by Kathy Casey. It is delicious! She recommends using horseradish infused vodka or a high quality plain vodka. Enjoy!
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large glass or plastic container, mix all ingredients; make sure the salt dissolves.
- Cover and refrigerate, for up to 7 days.
Just made a second batch as this is very good stuff. The balsamic vinegar adds a nice level of flavor and I love how the heat hits both the mouth and throat. Made my face sweat!
I followed the recipe exactly, and this was terrible. I threw it out because I couldn't even drink it. It has some kind of awkward taste in there that is just awful.
I'm so glad I found this online! I have this book and have made this cocktail often to rave reviews from my friends. I wasn't really a bloody mary fan until I had this. My addition to it is using cucumber-infused vodka rather than regular. Make a world of difference. So very fresh!