Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe. Again, it's a way to sneak a variety of veggies into my son's diet. I really don't even miss the meat when I make it. I'm sure it would even be good if you tossed some ground turkey or beef into the mix.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) canmeatless tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese, grated
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- parsley sprig (optional)
- Simmer tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, oregano, basil and black pepper in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until onion is golden. Add zucchini, mushrooms, carrot and green pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 5-10 minutes.
- Stir vegetables into tomato mixture; simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine mozzarella, cottage and Parmesan cheeses in large bowl, blend well.
- Spoon about 1 cup sauce in the bottom of 12x8" glass baking dish. Place a layer of noodles over sauce, then 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1/2 of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mix and sauce.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
LOOOOVE this lasagna!! Delicious, hearty, and easy to prepare.....have made it at least 5 times now! Will also add a few extra mushrooms, yum!