Chef #750419's Note:
An amazingly delicious soup, from Hollyhocks and Radishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy saucepan, heat oil then stir in parsnips and celery. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring several times.
- 2Place the cooked vegetables in a blender with the flour, parsley, and white pepper. (Note- can blend at this point at high speed and then freeze this for future use.) Add 3 cups broth and blend at high speed. I do not find it necessary to put all 3 cups of broth in for the blending, thereby cutting down on the mess if using a Cuisinart.
- 3Return to saucepan and whisk in remaining broth. Simmer over low heat a few more minutes. Salt to taste.
- 4Serve with Parmesan to sprinkle on top.
- 5NOTE: the original recipe calls for chicken broth. As I am allergic to all things chicken, I use Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Buillion exclusively and always receive rave reviews on the taste of the broth.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: