Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An amazingly delicious soup, from Hollyhocks and Radishes.
Make and share this Luscious Parsnip Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat oil then stir in parsnips and celery. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring several times.
- Place the cooked vegetables in a blender with the flour, parsley, and white pepper. (Note- can blend at this point at high speed and then freeze this for future use.) Add 3 cups broth and blend at high speed. I do not find it necessary to put all 3 cups of broth in for the blending, thereby cutting down on the mess if using a Cuisinart.
- Return to saucepan and whisk in remaining broth. Simmer over low heat a few more minutes. Salt to taste.
- Serve with Parmesan to sprinkle on top.
- NOTE: the original recipe calls for chicken broth. As I am allergic to all things chicken, I use Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Buillion exclusively and always receive rave reviews on the taste of the broth.