1/2 Photos of Luscious Lower-Fat Macaroni & Cheese
From "Great, Good Food: Luscious Lower-Fat Cooking" by the Silver Palate's Julee Rosso.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk or 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese or 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces asiago cheese, grated
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 lb penne, cooked according to package directions
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8 x 11.5 x 2-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In the blender, place the buttermilk, cottage cheese, cream cheese, goat cheese, mozzarella, Asiago and half the Parmesan, and blend until smooth.
- 3Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the cheese mixture, and toss until well-coated. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Place the pasta in the baking dish; top with the bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan.
- 4Place in the oven and bake until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 5Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Lower-Fat Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 367.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: