Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love it when I discover a new low carb, South Beach way-of-life recipe, and this was one is yummo! I found this on another site, and then modified it slightly. I found that the finished product was fork-tender, flavorful, and even better without the tortillas! Since the steak is so tender and tasty in this dish, I do recommend going with a sirloin or higher-end steak, rather than an inexpensive steak - it is well worth it in this dish! A fabulous one pan-meal made in around 30 minutes - what more could you ask for??!! :-)
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces low-fat cheese
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoons guacamole (optional)
- In a skillet, over med-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add onion, peppers, mushrooms, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper, and saute, just until veggies are tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add steak slices and cook, just until browned and cooked through (5-7 minutes or so), steak should be cooked no more than rare to med-rare.
- Add onions and pepper mixture, and heat through.
- Serve beef and veggie mixture in bowls, sprinkled with cheese, and served with dollops of sour cream and guacamole (if desired).