Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
When my family visited my Grandparents in Brooklyn, years ago, we would wind up Lundy's for great seafood, clam bisque, these biscuits and Blueberry pie. The restaurant closed a few years ago and has reopened. I haven't been back so I can't comment on the food but I want to take my kids there since I have such fond memories of the "experience" of eating at that legendary restaurant! This recipe comes from the Lundy's Cookbook. I guessed on the prep time since I haven't made these myself yet. http://www.lundysrestaurant.com/
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut butter and shortening into small pieces and add to flour mixture.
- Using hands or a pastry blender, crumble the fat into the flour mixture until the butter and shortening are pea-sized pieces and the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Knead dough gently on a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick which is crucial to the outcome of the biscuits.
- Use a 2 inch biscuit cutter or glass to cut out the biscuits and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 14-15 minutes until golder brown and serve hot.
Easy! I only got 9 biscuits from the recipe ~ Baked mine at 400F for 14 minutes, but next time I'll up the temperature to at least 425F and bake for a shorter time.