Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A freezer friendly lunch box recipe. Freeze in individual servings and then heat and pack in a thermos until lunch time.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- Cook onion in oil until tender, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle seasoning over onions and cook 1 minute longer then add milk.Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potato is tender. Add flour to a bit of water and pour in and then cook until slightly thickened. Add chicken and heat thoroughly to serve immediately or cool completely and then freeze in single serve containers.
- To serve:Defrost overnight, then warm in microwave until heated through. Pour into thermos and pack in lunch.
- Great with a biscuit on the side.
This tasted really good, but it just didn't turn out...right. I followed the directions to the T and it was wwwaaayyy too thick. Because it was so thick, I only got one adult serving out of this recipe. I would definitely stop cooking the milk and flour mixture once it comes to a boil, rather then let it thicken before everything else is added.