Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was sooo incredibally bord one day, so I decided to have a play around with the ingredients in the cupboard, and made this, it was rather intresting and yummy
- you will also need, 1 small pot of peach yoghurt (or your favourite), and a handful sultanas.
- put the oats in a microwavable bowl.
- add milk and stir, put aside.
- grate apple, leaving core out.
- add to oats.
- add handful sultanas, mix well.
- cook in microwave, half time as packet instructs to do so.
- at half point, stir in yoghurt and continue cooking.
- you should get a thick, creamy porridge.
- if you like it sweeter, add a litle brown sugar or honey.
This was ok, but not what I expected. I REALLY thought I would love this (I love all of the ingredients) but I guess I just found out I don't like warm yogurt. The consistency was nice and I followed the recipe to a T, but I just didn't like the tartness from the yogurt in this. I did sweeten with brown sugar and thought it would cut the sourness, but it didn't. I used a 6 oz. container of yogurt. The recipe doesn't specify which size and maybe it was too much, I don't know. I did like the fact that I got a complete breakfast in one bowl. Thanks, Karen