Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was taken from the cookbook Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. You cannot believe it is low fat
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 6 graham cracker squares
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup carrot puree
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a food processor process graham crackers, hazlenuts and cinnamon into coarse crumbs.
- add canola oil and pulse two times.
- press into bottom of a pie pan.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and with an electric mixer,, mix until fluffy and cling to the bowl when tilted.
- In a another large bowl, whisk yogurt, sour cream, cocoa, brown sugar, carrot and vanilla.
- fold in egg whites in three batches.
- pour batter over crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- chill before serving.