Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was taken from the cookbook Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. You cannot believe it is low fat
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 6 graham cracker squares
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup carrot puree
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a food processor process graham crackers, hazlenuts and cinnamon into coarse crumbs.
- add canola oil and pulse two times.
- press into bottom of a pie pan.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and with an electric mixer,, mix until fluffy and cling to the bowl when tilted.
- In a another large bowl, whisk yogurt, sour cream, cocoa, brown sugar, carrot and vanilla.
- fold in egg whites in three batches.
- pour batter over crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- chill before serving.