Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is practically a recipe that i found in a baking book, i just wanted it to have a little less fat in it, hope you like it!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup quince paste
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Lightly beat the eggs and oil together to combine. Add milk and honey, and pour egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix quickly to just combine.
- Line base of 20 x 30 CM sponge roll tin with baking paper [do this first if you want]. pour mixture into tin.
- Slice Quince paste finely Arrange paste in rows about 1.5 CM apart over the mixture. Evenly spread over cheese, and pt a walnut or two on each slice of slice.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until sponge springs back when lightly touched . Serve cut into fingers.