Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has become a favorite of ours because it has a taste similar to the higher-fat restaurant Alfredo sauce. If you add a few tbsp of white wine before you add the flour, it gives it an even deeper flavor. I usually make this with fettucini noodles and grilled chicken or salmon.
- In a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, cook butter and olive oil until butter melts.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, be careful not to burn.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add white flour. Mix with butter and olive oil until smooth.
- Return saucepan to heat and add milk while continuously stirring.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture is well blended and milk is hot but not boiling.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir for one minute.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on med-low heat until desired creaminess is reached.
- Toss sauce with favorite pasta, enjoy!