Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious! And most people can't tell it's sugar-controlled. :D
- 3 garlic cloves, crused and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, pure virgin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 30 ounces water
- 3 ounces no-sugar-added tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener, Splenda, Altern, etc
- Combine all ingredients and cook over a medium heat until fully heated and tomatoes disappear into sauce; about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Pour over pasta and serve hot or reduce water to 20 ounces and chill until thickened and use as a marinara dipping sauce.
My husband has recently found out he is diabetic, so we are trying to change our diet. He LOVED this sauce and so did the rest of the family. Had to tone down the crushed red pepper, but other wise it was a hit with the family! so easy to make!