Recipe by Sue Lau
I put this together so my husband could make his favorite key lime pie but still be a "little" healthy. We enjoy collaborating on recipes! He is quite the cook in his own right. Almond meal is finely ground. You can make your own by pulsing in a food processor but be careful not to make almond butter out of it, which can happen if it is processed for too long. Same with the coconut, although I buy mine ready made. Just make sure it is unsweetened coconut or the recipe will be off. Pulse it in the food processor until it is like tiny crumbs. For unsweetened coconut you can also try making that from a fresh coconut if you can't find unsweetened coconut at the market. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup almond meal
- 2⁄3 cup dry coconut powder
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix vanilla and butter together in a large bowl.
- Add other ingredients and mix until all the crumbs are moistened.
- Press into a pie plate and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Use as you would a graham cracker crust.