Low Carb Cheesecake Nut Crust
photo by cckarl
- Ready In:
1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground into a meal.
- Add Splenda, butter and cocoa powder (optional) pulse to combine.
- Transfer nut mixture to a 9" springform pan and gently press to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes Remove from oven and cool.
- Fill with your favorite lowcarb cheesecake batter and bake according to cheesecake recipe directions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a GREAT recipe - thank you for sharing! I actually halved it (and admitted the cocoa powder) to make a smaller cheesecake, but you absolutely don't miss the graham cracker crust. I may even use this crust moving forward - whether I'm on South Beach or not! One thing I did differently, was broiled the crust for an extra 1-2 minutes, and that put it in the freezer to set before I put on the topping. Would be a great crust for a key lime pie or chocolate mousse, as well!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Lexington KY. My all-time favorite cookbook is one given to me by my mom: The Settlement Cookbook, edited by Mrs. Simon Kander. I have two copies, the one my mom gave me (not hers, but a copy she found at a tag sale, totally falling apart, copyright 1941) and another in mint condition I bought at a used book store. My second favorite a first edition (1930) Betty Crocker picture cookbook. I own hundreds of cookbook, and love them all!</p>