Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful BBQ sauce for those looking for low sodium. It is packed with flavor, and you would never know, the salt is missing.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash low-sodium hot sauce
- 8 ounces peaches in light syrup, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon homemade chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat cooling slightly.
- Blend to liquefy.
- And enjoy a very tasty healthy BBQ sauce.