Recipe by JackieT78
I got this recipe at a Weight Watchers meeting several years ago. It's 2 points per serving and is EASY to make. I often add frozen corn and sliced fresh carrots. Ham and cheese (such as Velveeta) are also yummy, but be sure to count the extra points if you add them! Prep time does not include the time needed to cut up the extra ingredients.
- 1 (28 ounce) bag o'brien frozen potatoes (hash browns with peppers and onions)
- 4 (14 ounce) cans99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package fat free country gravy mix
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put frozen hash browns in a large pot. (I use a 4 quart stock pot.).
- Add chicken broth. (This is when I add the extra veggies and/or ham.).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 - 45 minutes.
- Combine gravy mix with the cold water. Mix until smooth.
- Stir gravy mix into soup.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened. How thick depends on your personal preference.
- If desired, add cheese to each serving. (Remember to count those extra points!).