Recipe by Dancer^
Diabetic (high fiber) SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Celery, Jicama, Cabbage, Pita points.
Top Review by BettyBoop330
As recommended by the previous reviewer, I upped the spices a little. Instead of mixing by hand, I added the spices stirred into the yogurt to the bean pulp in the food processor, and pulsed it just enough to mix well without ruining the chunky texture. I served it as a spread on a warmed tortilla with a guacamole layer on top. It was delicious - I think the guacamole balanced the sourness of the yogurt very well. It was a snap to make and a healthy choice as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups red kidney beans, Cooked
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, Chopped
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce