Recipe by 0ggy
A quick and easy low fat atroganoff recipe from England.
Top Review by Annacia
I made a large change in that I used sliced chicken breast in place of beef. That was because I enjoy Strogonoff but rarely eat beef. It made the adaptation in with flying colors. I used fresh mushies and fat free sour cream. Even with the chicken it retains the lovely Strogonoff flavor and with the chicken slices it only took about 20 mins!
- 1 lb cubed beef (trimmed)
- 1⁄2 pint water
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms (fresh can be used)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon lazy garlic (chopped garlic)
- 1⁄4 pint low-fat creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, mushrooms and paprika together in wok, on a med/high heat, till soft and well coloured.
- Add garlic and beef, cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add water, turn down heat and leave to simmer for approx 1 hour with lid on wok.
- Add creme fraiche and stir in gently, cook for a further 1/2 hour.
- Serve on a bed of boiled rice.