Recipe by T!Van
I couldn't find any basic vegan pretzel recipes on here so I decided to post my own.
Top Review by alkg37
The dough needs to rise until double. Then knead, separate into portions and shape, then allow to rise again. Mix 1 Tbsp of baking soda per 1 cup of water in a skillet, bring to a gentle boil, and gently cook each pretzel for a minute or two. Remove from water onto parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt, then bake.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups very warm water
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add yeast to warm water and stir until muddy.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix and knead dough.
- Roll into a sheet and then cut in strips to make "ropes."
- Shape and place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Add optional flavorings (butter, salt, garlic, etc)
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for about 13 minutes, or until light brown.