Prep 0 mins
Cook 13 mins
I couldn't find any basic vegan pretzel recipes on here so I decided to post my own.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups very warm water
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add yeast to warm water and stir until muddy.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix and knead dough.
- Roll into a sheet and then cut in strips to make "ropes."
- Shape and place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Add optional flavorings (butter, salt, garlic, etc)
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for about 13 minutes, or until light brown.
The dough needs to rise until double. Then knead, separate into portions and shape, then allow to rise again. Mix 1 Tbsp of baking soda per 1 cup of water in a skillet, bring to a gentle boil, and gently cook each pretzel for a minute or two. Remove from water onto parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt, then bake.
it turned out very bland, but adding other ingredientes too it, made a big difference, i added onion in mine, turned out better afterwards. but thank you :)
One of the worst recipes I have made. There was nothing about letting the dough rise, and they came out really dense, bland and crumbly.