Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Enjoy with salad and fruit for brunch or freeze in large freezer bags.
- 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 uncooked pie shell
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Tabasco sauce
- Brown turkey sausage and drain.
- Mix all other ingredients together and stir in meat.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
I give a medium rating to this recipe, based on my family's reactions. The main complaint was that the mayonaise was too strong of a flavor. I actually doubled the recipe, and what didn't fit into the pie shell, I placed in a dish to bake. I believe it made the quiche fuller in the pie shell. It was good, but not great. It did bake up nicely and looked very appetizing. I wish I could give it a higher rating.