Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Not only is this lower in fat, it is low in cholesterol too. Great for that Sunday brunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup fine chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti (4 oz)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato or 4 ounces plain feta cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- diced red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broiler.
- Combine egg substitute and milk in medium bowl; whisk together till well mixed.
- Stir in spinach, green onion, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir in noodles and feta.
- Spray 10" cast iron pan or ovenproof skillet with spray.
- heat over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook 5 minutes or till nearly cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Place skillet under broiler 3-5 minutes or till light brown and set.
- Remove from broiler.
- Cut in 4 wedges, top with red pepper if desired.